Now we are not talking about these awesome new games, we are talking about games that you played as a young kid. Games that hold a special place in your heart. Games that scream NOSTALGIA in your face! Share your gaming memories here. Okay, here are the games that i have a nostalgic feel to:
NFS Underground 2 - Awwwww yes!!!! I remember i played it the year it came out. I was 3 years old. Damn, these memories........ I also remember that i went into mah dad's profile and sold his customized G35 and bought a stock Golf. And i also remember that i thought drifting was like circuit race. When i came 1st in drifts, i was pissed off because i was last. xD Good ol' times.........
NFS Most Wanted - Mah dad bought it when it came out. I loved this game. The races were harder tahn UG2 for me, but i got the hang of em' and made it to black list #10. I was 4 or 5 when i did that. (When i was like 9 or 10, i finished the game)
NFS Carbon - I first played it at internet cafe at 2006 or '07 for like 20 minutes. And it was downloaded to my computer in only like 2010. But i still loved this game!
The Simpsons: Hit & Run - To be honest, i never really had heard about this game till 2011. That's when i first started playing it.
GTA III - I know that i probably shouldn't have played it (played it when i was 9 xD), but who cares? I play games like GTA and i am not a psychopath. I even downloaded GTA III a few days back to remember the good ol' days.
Well that were SOME of my nostalgic games. What are yours?
So I'm a 90's kid and video games came across us when we were 8/9 with the PS2...these games were pretty big for its time and still are masterpieces in their franchises...and sometimes played at parties.
Madden NFL 2004 - If you play Football, you play Madden.The fresh Playmaker control was a blast and I remember the squad battles (with 8 players at a time games with exchange), great cheerleaders half time shows.
Madden NFL 2005 - It just got better what 2004 began with, improved Playmaker control, new gfx engine, new player celebrations and cheerleader performances...
NCAA Football 2004 and 2005 - Cheerleaders, fight songs and mascot battles - it's college football where those traditions started, where football was born.
NBA Live 2005 - Madden brought some hip hop, but NBA just had more of it, loved doing those freestyle dunks...
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 - Hot shot in sports cars bustin racers and outrun cops on pretty roads, good times.
NFS Underground - Get Low Get Low Get low...
SSX 3 - Come on, slidin down the snowy mountains was tricky, but awesome.
Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 22:50:57 GMT 1 by lacooper
well idk... MW2005 i guess cuz it was the 2nd game i ever played. the first one was Spider man 2 for the PS2. man i remember screaming at my cousins to move their badass Golf GTI from "my cars" to career mode so i could free roam in it. they got me into games and i thank them dearly for that. everytime a cop started chasing me i gave them the controller right away so i wouldnt get them busted and lose their car. also when i did get busted we just restarted the PS2 (we are all guilty of that, just admit it ) lol. good times, good time :')
1) colin mcrae rally 2.0 THAT WAS THE SHIT GENTLEMEN 2) descent 3 - epic space shooter 3) Alien Nations 1&2 rts 4) Heroes Of Might and Magic 3 and 5 - i got them as a present when i was 8 5) nfsu - nfsc
Nova Storm : The First Game I ever played. (yes m8) Idk how old was I. XD. I LOVE THIS FOKIN GAME! Crash Tag Team Racing : First Game Played On PS2. Midnight Club Street Racinbg : First Game Played on PS2. Yes. I dont remember wheter this or Crash. NFS Most Wanted : Second Game PLAYED On PS2. Still do till now. As you can clearly say I got mah PS2 during 2005 July. Ahh good times. GTA: SA AND GTA III : CJ ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN. The Incredibles - Rise Of the Underminer : Me and Mah old man played this game in thee PS2. He never really does do now. (Dem Feelz) Battlefield 1942 : The game that made me play FPS.
THE GAME THAT MADE ME LOVE OPEN WORLD GAMES IS GTA:SA SO KUDOS TO ROCKSTAR FOR MAKING SUCH AN AWESOME GAME
NOTE : I NEVER EVEN SAID THAT I PLAYED EVERYONE OF THESE WHEN THEY CAME OUT.
- NFS Porsche Unleashed: This was literally the 1st video game I ever played, and I got the Texaco demo of it too with the Boxter and Zone Industrial back when I was like 2 or 3, it came with a hotwheels car if I remember correctly.
- Gran Turismo 4: This was one of the 1st games for the PS2 that my dad got me for my 6th birthday, I remember the 1st race I tried was on High Speed Ring in the yellow Holden Monaro, it went pretty horrible lol. I played it afew times with my friends, we tore up Hong Kong in the Nike 1 concept and the AE86 haha.
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland ( and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 ): Mostly American Wasteland, this is pretty much all I played once I got it for my 8th birthday. I remember playing it at my friend's house when like 5 or 6 of my other friends were over there at the same time and it practically blew me away after only playing Pro Skater 4.
- NFSU-NFSC: All of these games remind me of back when I was in 2nd and early 3rd grade, I could go into detail but I'm not going to. Probably the most nostalgic of all of the games listed above/below.
- MX Unleashed: Literally the clearest memory of this game is when I told my friend " Guess what? I got a dirt bike game" back in 2nd grade and he completely flipped out and asked his dad if he could come over like literally 15 minutes after I told him. The best thing about this game though is the fact that once you reach a certain point in the map, you go over these mountains and some weird cannon/volcano/thing shoots you back all the way to the other side of the map >.<
- Ford Racing 2: Another one of the 1st games my dad got me for the PS2, along with NFSU and GT4. I don't really like Ford at all anymore except some models like the Sierra RS Cosworth, RS200 and Raptor, but I loved this game, especially the " Lost World " tracks. I loved driving up the side of the one volcano in the dune buggy concept and just flying off like zero gravity, and the Indigo concept and GT90 were pretty fun on that one beach city track, whatever it was called.
A Bug's life: getting a seven and a six year old to enjoy the same thing is next to impossible. This game did it. My sister and I played this game for about seven months straight. The small fact that my sister and I played this game for so long and together is why I have nostalgia for it.
Hot Wheels Mirco Racers: this is the first racing game I played. I loved it mainly for the track environments because the tracks where literal hot wheel tracks that any seven year old would make for their Hot Wheels. Tracks on the beach around and through a sand castle and the picnic lunch, a track through dad's office, a track through the living room and so on. Man I lost so much time in this game. Ah the memories.
Need For Speed High Stakes/Hot Pursuit/Carbon: I lump these together for various reasons but mainly since I dump so much time into them I was lost for months. And those of you who played them will be able to fill in as needed.
back in my younger gaming days I only had a PS2 and a gameboy advance. that changed later, but these games were only for the PS2/gameboy advance.
NFS underground: I'm pretty sure that game was nostalgic for everyone here I got it when I was 6 or 7, and back then NFS carbon was the most recent nfs game, so I guess I was a bit late. NFS Carbon: I got it when I was about 8 years old, after I completed nfs underground and found it in the Game-Crazy store. back then I got it sooner to its release then NFS underground. Midnight Club 3: I can't really remember as much of it as I do with carbon or underground, but I do remember it was fun, I got a Mclaren F1, I couldn't find all the collectables but I was close, I unlocked every city, and I had the remix so it had tokyo in it. also that I made a race that npc's couldn't finish because they didn't understand the jump shortcut. and that I always used power-ups on my little brother, lol. Pokemon Leafgreen: I got it back in 2006 when I got my Gameboy advance. when 90's kids played the original pokemon games, I played the remakes of those. basically it was just the same, but I heard it was fixed and better detailed then the original. I played it so much I got through rock tunnel without flash and without the internet.
Post by nfstheoryfan on Dec 3, 2014 13:20:19 GMT 1
Crash Bandicoot- Ah the first EVER game I played when I was 3. It was hard for me when I was little, I always ask my dad to beat like almost all the levels for me. now since I am a better gamer, I've been dying to get that game again since I sold my PS1 but I found a way to play it on my PC. I still looking foward to new crash bandicoot games in the future. Thats why its so nostalgic to me.Ah good memories.