Need for Speed Underground theories Nov 14, 2013 22:34:00 GMT 1 via mobile
Post by kacpa2 on Nov 14, 2013 22:34:00 GMT 1
Nov 14, 2013 21:55:32 GMT 1 @lostmybrainzzz said:Oh no
Now for me it looks like EA laziness
-In most interviews with Dev we can read that Underground is pretty much incomplete project. They wanted Free Roam, They wanted Police, They wanted bigger city, They wanted..., They wanted.
-Underground 2 has almost same physics, graphics have almost no improvement. Only things added are:
*Free Roam (For one good coder around 1-2 months of work)
*Magazines, sponsors (2-3 days of coding)
*Closed Track (month of coding, textures copied from UG1)
*Jumpy suspension and allot of tuning parts(Which are very simple to do, around 1-2 weeks of coding and texturing)
Just by reading this topic I lost all my hype for theorizing. NFS is shit made for money.
Every NFS was "another milestone" of EA programmers.
- UG1 (First and last NFS on which they worked v-hard, but they couldn't do everything they wanted)
- UG2 (They went by Hype on NFS, worked less, rested more. Textures= copy paste, simple coding. People will buy it anyway)
- MW (OK. Its time to move our asses lets make whole new city, textures, green screen, POLICE!, but don't work too hard guys, we don't need to make every part of it perfect. PPL will buy it anyway)
- C (OK. Lets make people think next game is going to be EPIC. In ads we want a huge map, lots of tuning possibilities, epic story, EPICness. But remember, we cant work too hard so lets only make half of it, leave some evidence of more stuff in code, so no one will get it. MONEY!)
- Undercover (OH yeah! Second chance, lets make what we always wanted. Big Free Roam, modifications, Police.
[When release comes]. Shit guys, again we worked not enough. AI is broken, bugs, not enough epicness in story, lets make PPL play it longer. GIVE THEM 1000 laps in Circuits!!)
And now I get it why Black Box got down...
its not only fault of devs. NFSUG1 and NFSC were rushed by EA so blackbox had only some time to work (MW was by the way big improvement : new game engine, new mechanics, simple but still enjoyable story (semi-hero-> zero-> hero), more cars and great graphics at that time. Dont be that sceptic. NFSC during development has several big things scrapped (first Palmont a.k.a Mystery City, drift mode on new, better more advanced rules not like shitty drift in UG1 &2) After all remember no one is perfect and Ea really was pain in ass of Devs same to players. Ea is big company and they always were turned towards fast production (every year new game) cuz this give them money often and in big amounts. When team has only a bit more time than one year to work on new title, they wont be effective all the time creating better and better and better games all the time. Look how much time Rockstar gave itself to create newest gta games (only gtaiii era gameswere that frequently released cuz it was ssame engine and they just worked on aspects of story and features + minor improvements to graphics and physics. However when it comes to new titles they worked over 4 years on GTAIV and now 5 for GTAV. Blackbox was rushed thats what happened. Dont blame them that much, blame ea cuz they made from them money making machine after 2005.